Thursday, October 22, 2015

Top Talent For Mexico Moods Challenge

Good morning everyone. Julia here and it's time to share with you another Top Talent Spot. This wonderful artist won our Mexico Moods Challenge and it's my pleasure to introduce you to:


The hugely creative Anita has a blog called Niti's Art from Heart and I would urge you to pay her a visit and soak up the inspiration by clicking on the link.

Anita has answered some questions so that we can learn a little more about her. Let's hear from Anita:



 am so excited to be the Top Talent and have the opportunity to be guest designer at Our Creative Corner.

I chose to make a canvas art based in the Nordic / Scandinavian light. Particularly light in winter. As you all now it is very cold in Norway, special in wintertime. Those little men and that little boat you can see in the light areas is rubberstamp made out of drawings of original rock carvings in Scandinavia that dates some 3000 years back. Isn’t that cool?

The heart is a symbol of Love. I called this art LOVE. It is a reminder that no matter how cold the world seems, one can warm themselves in love. Love yourself, love art, love life, love colour <3

1. Where do you live?
I live in the city of Bergen in the most beautiful country Norway

2. Do you live by any motto or philosophy?
I do have a motto, and that is: Remember yesterday, think of tomorrow, but live today.

3. What other hobbies/talents do you have that you may like to share with us?
Oh, I do a lot of things. I love crafting, so I’m doing a bit of knitting, crocheting, and renovation / painting of small Furniture. But most of the time I am Art Journaling. It became a near friend of mine and I have my Art Journal With me all the time. When I am traveling I bring my Art Journal and pens, scissors, glue and a ruler (Dylusions Journal Block) with me. And I also love Mixed Media Art on canvas. I do a lot of canvas as well in all sorts of shapes and designs, but I'm a close friend with strong colors so I make mostly art with bright and happy colors.

4. How long have you been crafting and what made you start?
I think I've been crafting all my life, since I was a little girl I’ve always painting and drawing. I do not know how it is in your country, but at the Norwegian primary School there is a study called electives where I chose rosepainting. I think that's how it starts. I did like rosepainting and I got a lot of positive feedback from teachers and classmates. Rosepainting is a classic old Norwegian way to paint roses and leaves in the primary colors of red, blue green and yellow. I am not so very fond of this technique now ;-) Art journaling, I started actually with having been on sick leave for a while and sat and surfed the internet and YouTube and discovered Dyan Reaveley. Now I have seen all her videos several times and she is absolutely amazing. She gave me the kick start.

5. Name three of your favourite crafting techniques and why you like them so much.
My three favourite crafting techniques is number one: inking. Just sit down take my Dylusions ink spray and just spray. I like the inks because they provide so strong colors and they have a little life of their own. One is never quite sure of the result. It gives me a bit of unpredictability.
Number two is painting with baby wipes. That gives me a good feeling. Just pick an acrylic paint, take the baby wipe and just let it flow. Both thoughts and paint :-)
And stamping of course. I love stamping. When I first get started, I cannot stop. I use a lot of stamps. Both background and for image.


6. If you lose your 'mojo', how do you go about getting it back?
When I lose my mojo I see a video or two on YouTube of my absolute favorite artists: Dyan Reaveley, Nika in Wonderland, Mimibondi and Dina Wakley. Then I just go step by step of one of their tutorials and I'm all in again with tons of inspiration and creativity.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I wish you all a pleasant and creative autumn.
Hugs, Niti/Anita <3


Thank you Anita for your wonderfully detailed answers. It's like sitting down and having a wonderful chat with Anita isn't it?

Let's now have a look at Anita's wonderful canvas:

 








Anita, your canvas is full of colour and love! The details are wonderfully put together and it's obvious that you have poured love into this canvas. That heart is stunning! Please remember to pop over to Niti's Art from Heart and leave Anita some love - she deserves some back in return!

Anita will now join our Top Talent hall of fame and I do hope she comes back to play with us again. Will you be our next Top Talent? To be in with a chance you need to join in our latest challenge 'Halloween Horror' which runs until October 28th so you have plenty of time and we'd love to see you there. 

Thank you so much for joining us today and reading all about our latest Top Talent.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Anita, what an amazing piece! I love all the details, the figures and the boat. Those bright colours really show them off. Beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Julia. I'm so happy and proud to be the October Top Talent! You realy made my day <3 This is really a good motivation to continue what I'm doing. So again, thank you, and thank you to all readers <3 Hugz, Anita/Niti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Anita!! Congratulations! Nice interview, and I got some tips on what to watch on youtube ;-) It's really great to see my stamps featured here. Thank you! Well done, girl!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool. Love the rock carving stamps. They add such an ethnic feel. Love the bright colours. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, it was a pleasure to communicate with you and I soooo love that piece of gorgeous art you have made for us! Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great canvas with contrasting colours! Thanks Anita!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx